HONG KONG, January 28, 2020 - Convoy Global Holdings Limited (“Convoy” or “the Group”, HKSE: 1019) today announced the latest special work arrangements in response to the situation of novel coronavirus infection in Hong Kong. Details of the arrangements are as follows.
- Holiday extension: The Chinese New Year (“CNY”) Holiday will be extended to February 2, 2020 (Sun), and the first working day will be February 3, 2020 (Mon), when the Company will make appropriate manpower arrangements for facilitating the operation.
- Flexible working hours: Office hours will be designated as 10am to 4:30pm during weekdays in February. Staff is also allowed to have flexible lunch hours to avoid the crowd. (The normal office hour is 9am to 5:30pm weekdays)
- Enhanced hygiene measures: All employees and visitors are required to wear surgical masks at Convoy office.
- Cancelation of all business trips to the Mainland: All business trips to China are cancelled till further notice. Staff members, who have returned from the Mainland, are required to report to the Company, and work remotely for 14 days.
- Work from home: Some employees will be arranged to work from home to ensure safe work environment. Any staff or his/her family with fever symptoms is also required to report to the Company, as well as consulting with doctors immediately.
- All CNY year celebration events are cancelled except the Corporate Lion Dance on January 30, 2020 (Thu).
Ms. Almond Wong, Group Chief People and Culture Officer at Convoy Global Holdings Limited, said “As a Hong Kong-based corporation, Convoy will join hands with the public to brave the difficulties ahead and fight against the novel coronavirus infection. And as a responsible employer, it has always been our primary consideration to ensure the safety and health of our employee. By implementing preventive measures, we task ourselves to deliver our social responsibilities, to minimize the risk of community transmission and to build a safe working environment where Convoy staff continue providing professional services to clients.”
- End -